Proper Care for Your Lei
Our fresh Hawaiian orchid leis can last 5-7 days or longer, if cared for properly. They must remain in a relatively cool temperature range of 50° F – 55° F. You may mist the lei with a water filled spray bottle or lightly sprinkle water with your hand if the lei looks soft. Then place the lei in a Ziploc or plastic bag and place it in a refrigerator or cooler. This can work overnight to revive the flowers.
Helpful Tips for Orchid Leis
- Avoid temperatures below 45° F and do not place in the freezer.
- A good temperature range is between 50° F – 55° F.
- Once you receive your shipment, quickly and carefully unpack the leis. Put the Lei(s) in a Ziploc or plastic grocery bag.
- If you ordered a large bulk shipment, please make sure you have proper storage, such as a walk-in refrigerator or similar storage.
- Another way to store the leis is with a cooler filled with ice. Place a hand towel or newspaper over the ice so the leis do not touch the ice directly.